1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Got past the 7-year itch in a relationship.
Saw Tracy Chapman live.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any resolutions last year.. so yeah, I kept them! Yay. 😀
I’ve made a few quiet ones for 2007. I don’t want to put pressure on myself, but research shows that people who make resolutions are apparently more likely to achieve more. So yeah, I’ve made a few – but I’m keeping them to myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Johanna (practically at my birthday do).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Health, money, sanity, ispiration.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
20 July – when Stu proposed on San Marco’s square.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being interviewed for a photography magazine.
Finally getting a full driver’s license.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a grip on various things.
Not being a good enough friend to some people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, and finally found out what it is.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A trip to
A new car.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
A friend who was there throughout the year, regardless of how I was feeling/acting.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm. I can’t really think of anyone in particular.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living, dentist, travelling.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Tracy Chapman live.
Feeling like a human again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Ane Brun – To Let Myself Go.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
Not much different AT
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. Going to the movies.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Feeling exhausted and lost.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
2007? Hopefully at home with a big tree and lovely warm atmosphere.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
In a way. Again.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Six Feet Under. Farewell… 🙁
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word. I don’t think I hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
Marian Keys – Anybody Out There? 😛 Well it was!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ane Brun, Bertine Zetlitz, Brandi Carlile, Guillemots, I Am Kloot, Laura Veirs…
27. What did you want and get?
A new lense.
A new car.
A bunny clock!
28. What did you want and not get?
A ten million pound lottery win.
A new flash.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Ohh ohh see what number this question is!! Yeah, so I turned 30. 😀 I flew back from
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding out what was wrong with me a lot earlier.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
33. What kept you sane?
Ha. Medication, eventually. 😛 Friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Stirred? Seriously? Umm.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm. Did I meet any new people in 2006… I can’t think. Oh, Aleksi! <3>
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Do onto others as you would want them to do onto you. Treat your friends and loved ones well and they will return the favour!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
for a minute there
I lost myself