1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Actual, full scale, public speaking.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For 2012 my resolutions were to ‘to get closer to that balance thing, socialise more, get into better shape, and fingers crossed sleep more’.
In 2012 I gave up on the idea of balance and stated just adding ‘space’. I don’t think there will ever be complete balance, but I do feel like I had more space for myself last year. I did socialise more. Even though I’m not ‘fit’ in any shape or form, I did finally get over my injury with the help of a personal trainer and feel much freer in my body as a result. Sleep more… not so much.
For 2013 my resolutions will be… be kinder to myself, take more time to look inside, narrow down what’s really important, travel a lot – for fun.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Everyone and their aunt.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Finland, Spain, Isle of Skye, Italy, Palm Springs, Kansas City.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2012?
Peace of mind.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2nd June, Isle of Skye… such an amazing place, amazing people. 8th November, Bon Iver at Wembley Arena.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Speaking at the Beloved Collective Festival. Being named one of the Rising Stars of Wedding Photography by Rangefinder magazine. Finally starting a personal project!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to align my personal life with my values and inner goals.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Finally got more or less over my lingering injury.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Susanna, as always. My lovely friends across the sea.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
There were a few disappointments, trying not to dwell on those.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel. House things.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting to go to the US twice after a very long gap.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2012?
Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier & sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve at home with Stu and Sussanna, Christmas Day with Stu’s family (avec Sooz). It was a lovely relaxing Christmas.
21. How did you spend New Years?
At home, falling asleep in front of the telly.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
With new friends.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t have time for hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
Joseph Campbell – Myths to live by.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
5D mkIII’s. Personal travel.
29. What did you want and not get?
Kitchen & bathroom.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Repeated last year’s garden party experience for my 36th (that’s a totally insane number btw), made even more special by my brother coming over from Finland.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Dresses and long hair are back. Also loving the fact that biker- and denim jackets are back in fashion, back to my comfort zone!
34. What kept you sane?
Deepening relationships with amazing friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t know if I was really stirred.
37. Who did you miss?
Miikka and Johanna, friends across the sea.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
So many people who are now such an important part of my life… I’ll narrow it down to Jesse, still can’t believe it took us this long to meet in person.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
The only way out is through.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don’t know where this fear came from
how I became so afraid of losing everyone
never been afraid of being lonely
now I’m becoming the one I’m most scared of being
I don’t know where this fear comes from
this fear of failing, fear of letting everyone and myself down
its growing deep into my soul
making me all paralysed and cold
It’s two steps forward, three steps back again
I’ll turn my face against it I won’t run
Courage and belief are my redeems
No one else can rescue me it seems
Cause if I don’t follow my heart this time
I’m gonna forget what this life is all about
I’m gonna take that path I’m going in on my own
I’m gonna take that fear and wear it like a crown.
Rebekka Karijord – Wear it like a crown