1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Hmm. I can’t think of anything… how boring. I’d never seen Sally Mann live in front of me before. 😀
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any… if I did I probably didn’t keep them. Didn’t make any other than ‘try to be happy’ for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think anyone did last year, how unusual. Lots of people got pregnant though!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but people close to me had someone close to them die.
5. What countries did you visit?
UK, Finland, Italy. Oulu – might as well be a country. 😛
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Peace of mind.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
20.07.2007. Wedding day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Is getting married an achievement? Organising a move to another country can certainly be called an achievement, still wondering how I got through it all in the end.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having enough time for friends and family.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I can’t remember a year when I’ve had a cold as often! The end of the year was just a flu nightmare.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm. I think I’ve sold more stuff than bought last year. Perhaps some cute fabric off eBay. And tickets for concerts.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, travelling and moving.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My hen night. 😛 Seeing Damien Rice, Regina Spektor, Jacob Golden, Catherine Feeny, Tori Amos, Joshua Radin, Johnossi, Antony & The Johnsons, Maija Vilkkumaa and Goo Goo Dolls play live in concerts.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Damien Rice – Rootless Tree
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve at home with Stu. Christmas Day and Boxing Day with Stu’s family.
21. How did you spend New Years?
At home with Stu and Sooz, getting over a nasty flu.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I guess back into love a couple of times. There were definite highlighted moments.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a bit strong word. I think you have to love in order to be able to hate. I certainly despise certain people more now than I did this time last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Bride Stripped Bare.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tiger Lou, Basia Bulat, Catherine Feeny…
28. What did you want and get?
Honeymoon in Rome (even if it was 2nd choice :P).
29. What did you want and not get?
A new fancy job by the end of the year.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went bowling and for a meal out with Stu, Nikki, Ian, Johanna, Pasi and Sooz. I turned 31, yikes.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having that million-dollar business idea. Or a new job at least.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I think I made more of an effort last year. Still quite casual.
34. What kept you sane?
Susanna. Well, good friends in general.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Climate change and the over-hyping of it.
37. Who did you miss?
I especially missed my nan on several occasions last year. This was the second wedding of mine that she didn’t see. 🙁
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Crikey, did I meet any new people?? Oh, Markku! 😀
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
You can’t fight change.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’m sick and tired of staring into the wall
I wanna do something fucking special and extraordinary
Put your thoughts in a fucking car…..
hit full speed and open your eyes
don’t close your eyes
there’s a lot of things to do before you die”
Johnossi – A lot of things to do before you die