A while back, Susu challenged me to reveal six random things about myself, but I haven’t had a chance to get to it before now. Hmm. 6 is quite a substantial number! Somehow 5 would feel like less of a challenge. 😀
1. This year it’ll be 10 years since I first moved to England. I have no idea where that time has gone. It’s petrifying.
2. I don’t really drink alcohol anymore. I think I more than consumed my share when I was younger and at some point I just realised that, actually, I really don’t like the feeling of being drunk anymore. Occasionally, when the mood is right, I do still get drunk, but it doesn’t happen very often at all.
3. I recently saw a very inspiring TV show where Rankin was re-creating famous fashion photographs, from the likes of David Bailey and Cecil Beaton, in his own style. When he was making his own version of a photo by one of my personal icons, Guy Bourdin, I caught myself thinking ‘Hmm I would have done that differently’. Followed instantly by a sense of embarrassment over subconsciously criticising the work of one of my favourite photographers. Then I got a bit upset. Because something was suddenly very clear to me. I want to be a photographer. That’s what I want to do in life. And I got upset because I’ve wasted so many years trying to deny it for no apparent reason. One thing’s for sure though. I’m not wasting one more minute.
4. I’m at my most awake in the evening/at night time. No matter how many hours I sleep I’m always dog tired in the morning.
5. I get lost in my thoughts easily. And also, when I’m concentrating on something I can’t really hear or see what’s happening around me. People sometimes take that for rudeness.
6. I create too much work for myself. And then complain about it. 😛 But it does mean that I very rarely get ‘bored’ (except if it’s slow in the office where I can’t control my environment, that’s soul-destroying), I always have something to do.
Well, there you go… not very riveting things but at least there’s 6! 😀 I think this has done the rounds in all the blogs that I read so I won’t pass it on to anyone else…